"Espresso! My Espresso!"
An Ongoing Internet Novelette
by Randy Glass - Copyright 2002 - All rights reserved
E-mail me at email@example.com
16Silvia, Rocky, and Precision are due here tomorrow. I have a cappa set as well as an espresso set, and there are four pounds of green beans in the cabinet waiting to be roasted. I thought that this would be a good time to recap:
It's Almost Here!
* I have never had an espresso before. The coffee shops I had frequented had been inconsistent in their brew quality. Even some of the lattes I had been served in the past were bitter enough that I did not have the nerve to order a straight espresso. I wondered if that was the way they were supposed to taste. The answer is, no.
* Being that I had never sipped an espresso I have no basis for comparison. That might be good or bad. How will I know whether my espresso is good or not? We shall see.
* I have spent at least three or four weeks reading, shopping, and reading some more to come to the decision on what equipment to purchase.
* I have already become a pompous snob when it comes to espresso and may very well become more so in the near future.
* Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
* The amount of information on the Internet concerning all aspects of coffee, particularly espresso, from FAQs, reviews of equipment, the experiences of others, and the various retail sites, offers a tremendous resource to the consumer when shopping for espresso equipment as well as just trying to learn about how to create espresso at home. I need to begin working on a page of links.